Okay. I think I have this recipe about as good as I’m going to get it. HOWEVER, make it for yourself, and give me any advice or input!!!
Matt’s (soon-to-be) Famous Oatmeal Apple Cake
To Start: Grind Oatmeal into a flour. This can be done in a blender or similar device (I use the magic bullet, it works great).
You will need:
- 2 cups Oatmeal Flour
- 1/3 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons Applesauce
- Splash of Apple juice
- 1/4 Cup Buttermilk
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 1 Egg
- 1 medium Granny Smith Apple (chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon (sprinkle) Cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- Preheat Oven–350°F
- Bake chopped apples with a sprinkle of cinnamon and brown sugar for about 10 minutes (until semi-soft) and then place to the side.
- Mix measured dry ingredients, Continue with other ingredients. You may beat batter, or ( I ) use a wood spoon. Mix in apples
- Pour batter into 8×8 (or 9×9) greased pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until done.
- Sprinkle Granulated (or powdered sugar on top.
To know that the cake is baked fully, do the toothpick trick!
Place a clean toothpick down the center of the cake and multiple other areas. If it comes out clean, it’s likely done, if it comes out wet and/or gooey, a few more minutes.
I hope you enjoy it. Try it and let me know! The texture is a little awkward, remember, you’re using oatmeal flour, not regular bleached flour.
This contains a lot of fiber as well!
COMMENT ON IT PLEASE!