Okay, here’s something for everyone that takes a winter classic, and I added a summer twist.
If anyone out there is tired of the snow, or simply wants a chilling drink, give this a try…
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1.5 oz (or to taste) Hot Chocolate mix
- 1 Tablespoon (or more to taste) Grenadine (non-alcoholic) [can be found at Wal-Mart]
- 1/2 cup Milk (I use 2%, but you can switch [1%, skim, etc.])
- 2 Cups Ice
- Mix all ingredients together, I prefer to add milk last, but that’s my preference, I don’t know if it really helps anything.
- Blend until smooth (A Magic Bullet works excellent, and not only for making drinks!)
- May top with whipped cream and a cherry.
What I love most about this drink is the slush chocolate taste with the hint of grenadine. As I post more recipes, I’m sure they’ll be including splashes of grenadine. Shirley Temple knew what she was doing! (For those of you who don’t know, a Shirley Temple is a non-alcoholic drink with ginger-ale and grenadine. Although it’s now usually served with sprite/7-up.)